Environmental Policy statement
The Office of Fair Trading's mission is to ensure that markets work well for consumers by promoting and protecting consumer interests throughout the UK, while ensuring the businesses are fair and competitive.
We recognise that our business activities can impact on the environment and are fully committed to continually improving environmental performance through adopting best practice in environmental management, as well as contributing towards the delivery of the government's targets for sustainable development.
The OFT will do this by:
- Considering and understanding the environmental impacts of our activities.
- Complying with relevant environmental legislation and other requirements.
- Ensuring measures are in place to prevent pollution.
- Setting challenging objectives and targets for our environmental performance.
- Building environmental policy and performance criteria into our procurement processes.
- Measuring and reporting our environmental performance.
The OFT's current key environmental aims are:
- Reducing the level of energy and water we consume.
- Minimising the volume of waste we generate.
- Implementing sustainable waste strategies and recycling methods.
- Adopting progressive strategies to minimise the environmental impacts of our business travel.
- Procure supplies and services which are sustainable in manufacture, and whose production and use minimises the consumption of natural resources.
- Communicating this policy and performance to all staff and stakeholders.
This policy statement will be reviewed annually to ensure it continues to support the Government's environmental strategy and commitment to sustainable development. The will be reviewed annually in accordance with the procedures established under our Environmental Management System.