OFT appoints four directors
109/12 19 November 2012
The OFT has appointed four new Enforcement Directors as part of its continued focus on enforcement and delivery.
With the exception of the new Director of Investigations and Criminal Enforcement role, the Director appointments are existing roles.
- Lee Craddock is appointed to the new post of Director of Investigations and Criminal Enforcement in the Cartels and Criminal Enforcement Group led by Senior Director Ali Nikpay. He will run the team responsible for both investigating and prosecuting cartel offences and criminal consumer offences. Lee, a solicitor, joined the OFT in June 2011 as Assistant Director of Criminal Enforcement and has worked on a number of cases such as the ongoing criminal investigations under consumer law into unlawful mileage adjustment and suspected fraud in property sales. Prior to this he was at the Serious Fraud Office as a case manager and also served as a Detective Constable in CID in the Metropolitan Police.
- Gaucho Rasmussen has been appointed as a Competition Enforcement Director in the Goods and Consumer Group led by Senior Director Cavendish Elithorn. Gaucho currently works for Tesco as Group Competition Counsel. Prior to this he worked at Freshfields and SJ Berwin and for the President of the European Court of First Instance.
- Geoff Steadman has also been appointed as a Competition Enforcement Director in the Goods and Consumer Group, led by Senior Director Cavendish Elithorn. Geoff joined the OFT in September 2000 and has worked on and led a number of Competition Act investigations and market studies. Geoff led the abuse of dominance case against Reckitt Benckiser, the super-complaint response regarding the beer tie and the OFT's market study into medicines distribution. He has also recently been on secondment to health regulator Monitor to help it prepare for its new competition responsibilities.
- Nelson Jung is appointed as Competition Enforcement Director in the Services, Infrastructure and Public Markets Group, led by Senior Directors Ann Pope and Mary Starks. Nelson joined the OFT in April 2010 as Assistant Director. He has led a number of Competition Act investigations, including the ongoing investigation in the hotel online booking sector. Before this, Nelson was a Senior Associate in the Antitrust practice at Clifford Chance LLP. As part of his previous career in politics, he was an elected member of the City Council in Frankfurt.
Lee, Geoff and Nelson have taken up their posts with immediate effect. Gaucho will be starting in early 2013. All posts were advertised externally through open competition in accordance with the Civil Service Commission's Recruitment Principles.
- Sonya Branch was appointed as OFT Executive Director last week. See press release 105-12
- Kasia Reardon 0207 211 8901
Back to: Press statements